Sitting comfortably in the middle the latest L series of mid-range droids from LG, the LG Optimus L7 is one of those mid rangers who are catching up some quick fire in sales courtesy the large enough screen and a robust mid range chipset to sport. It’s been hardly a few months since the phone has entered the markets and the developers are up to it, yet again.
The phone ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich out of the box, that’s so obvious if you talk about the 4Gigs of internal storage on the slot but who thinks that further development isn’t possible? And of course, for that, you’ll have to get your phone rooted first.
Rooting? It refers to providing to you the access to the root of your phone’s ROM which will further help you with installing ROMs and recoveries on your phone. Please make a note that this process voids the warranty of your phone, so please, proceed at your own risk. How to do that? We are to guide you through all of this hacking stuff.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
How to Root your LG Optimus L7:
Before you proceed, please make sure that you have V10A firmware on your phone or this guide won’t be at your aid.
If you’re done with that, let’s proceed and see whether we can get the phone rooted.
- Download original USB drivers for your L7 from here.
- Download and extract the Lg_Optimus_L7_Root.zip from here.
- Connect your phone to the system with USB debugging enabled and select the file “Lg Optimus L7 Root.bat” and hit enter.
- Wait till your phone gets rooted successfully and restarts.
- If you can see a superuser icon in the menu items, you’re home and successfully rooted your phone.
If you facing any problems, just reset your phone and try the process again.
If you found this tutorial to your aid, please pay us a word in the comments section for any queries/suggestions/comments.
We’ll respond to any cause of your’s.