If you have bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus you might also want to root it and this tutorial explains how to root Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 easily. There are various advantages of rooting. After rooting you can backup all apps along with their data using Titanium Backup if you wish to install a custom ROM. Also you can automate tasks using Tasker and also perform several other operations on your phone which would not be possible without rooting.
In this tutorial we will also tell you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery using which you can flash custom ROMs easaily. Before you proceed with the steps, make sure you backup all data on your device.
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Make sure you have Samsung KIES installed which will provide the drivers for your phone.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Root & Install CWM on Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
- Download – Odin | Rooting zip package and tar file.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable and copy the rooting zip package to the root of your SD card.
- Remove your phone from PC and Boot your phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding the buttons volume up + Volume Down + power and Home button.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”choose zip from SD card” and select the rooting zip package that you had copied to your SD card.
- Go back and select Reboot system now.
- Boot your phone into download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Start Odin and make sure the ID:Com section goes yellow.
- Click on PDA and select the tar file.
- Click on Start.
- The phone will reboot on success.
In this way you can easily root Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 and install CWM Recovery. If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below.
Latest posts by Lalit Indoria (see all)
- [DOWNLOAD] Android 4.3 for Sony Xperia Z & Xperia ZL Leaks - December 12, 2013
- Google Releases Android Device Manager App in the Play Store - December 12, 2013
- Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 for the LG Optimus L5 [E610/E612/E617] - December 11, 2013