While the original 5-incher phablet is still predating around the battlefields with the flagships, Samsung looks in no mood to give any glimpse of assurance to the opposition to rest in peace as the sequel to the blockbuster has already hit the floor. With twice the processing power and RAM under the hood and with some increase in the screen diagonal, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
The Galaxy Note 2 boasts the most powerful Exynos till date and thinking about the success of the original Note, the developers look in no mood to let this guy settle down with that much of ease without going through the ragging sessions. Rooting the Galaxy Note 2 is definitely not a breaking news in the lot as some developer had already ported the CF root tools to this 5.5incher, but in this post, we gonna be using the Official CF-tools which have hit the seeds very recently.
Rooting the device is the process of getting the access to the root of the device by hacking into it which facilitates further development and some apps which require root access to function on your device. Rooting your device may void the warranty of your device but meanwhile you get the license to unleash the maximum potential of your device which comes limited under the stock conditions.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. (Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.)
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Samsung Kies installed on your phone which anyways is required to get all the latest USB Drivers for your phone.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note II :
Since this another Samsung Galaxy series device, we will be sneaking through the easier way out i.e. via the Odin method and completing the process using the latest cf-root tools for the device. Let’s Begin:
- Download and extract CF-Auto-Root-SGN2.zip from this link which contains the latest cf-tools for the device.
- Download and extract the Odin PC Software from this link which we’ll require to flash the downloaded files into the phone’s ROM.
- Out of the 3 files extracted in Step#2, select and run Odin.exe.
- Switch off your phone and boot it into the Download mode or Odin mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power simultaneously on your device.
- Make sure you have completely exited the Samsung Kies application on your pc (with all the processes terminated) and connect the phone using the supplied USB cable.
- If you are done with the above steps and have all the drivers installed perfectly, you’ll see a message flashing in the action window on the Odin screen saying “Added”.
- Now click on the PDA button on the Odin screen and select CF-Auto-Root-SGN2.tar (which we extracted earlier) and make sure you haven’t done any other changes to the Odin screen and Re-partition check-box is not selected.
- Being done with that, you’re almost home. Now hit the START button as the rooting process will start and terminate within a minute or two with a “PASS” message popping up in the action window which means your phone has been rooted successfully.
- If you faced any problems in step#8, restart your phone in Odin mode and repeat the whole Odin process again.
Holla! you’re done with rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which means you can now enjoy the root access to your phone with which you can unleash the beast within.
If you found any difficulties or have any queries/suggestions to make, please leave us your word in the comments section 🙂 .