Standing above all in Sony’s Xperia lineup of super sleek and robust smartphones and sharing screen space with it’s elder sibling the Xperia S, meanwhile carrying some additive addons viz. the bigger screen and the memory expansion slot, it the Sony Xperia Ion LT28h for you. The top end offering from Sony boasts the snappy Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon chipset consisting of it’s two cores ticking along a Gigabyte of RAM at zippy 1.5Ghz of clock-speed while the glorious 4.55” of high definition screen estate is enough to reproduce all the eye candy that the Android platform can offer on the serve.
Being a flagship category perfomer, this dual core beast cannot go unnoticed by the development faculties at the XDA and offcourse, we are here to guide you through the rooting process to get it all started.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
- Make sure your phone is not locked to any network!
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Done with that, lets see whether we can root this top end offering from Sony or not.
Steps to root Xperia Ion LT28h on Official Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware:
- Download and extract this file.
- Connect your phone to the system with the help of the supplied USB cable.
- RUN the “RunMe.bat” file (from the zip downloaded above).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for a few minutes for the phone to restart(it may restart a couple of times) and the application to push the root inside the ICS( to be very technical on this, the zip file will anyway contain adb.exe which will start the adb server on your pc).
Well done! you’re almost home .If you have followed this tutorial by the steps, your phone is now rooted which means now you have the access to the root of your Sony Xperia Ion and do check for the Superuser app in your apps list to verify.
Please make a note that rooting your phone will void your phone’s warranty so please be careful and proceed at your own risk.
Also, if you found this tutorial helpful, please pay us a minute in the comments section with your Queries/Suggestions/Comments 🙂 .