Samsung Galaxy S3’s Jelly Bean OTA update has been in the news for quite a while now and just as I expected, the OTA update has been leaked and can now be installed on your Galaxy S3 devices. The build is I9300XXDLI1 and is dated September 3. This clearly shows that the official OTA updated is on its way. But will it be same as the leaked one? We do not have any idea about it, but you can be sure that it will be very similar.
The OTA update that has been leaked is available at XDA developers and in this post we will tell you how to install this update so that you can get Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S3 even before you receive an OTA update notification on your phone.
Before you flash this ROM, be aware that this may void the warranty of your device as you are not getting it directly from Samsung. However, you can install the official OTA once it is out and in this way you can regain your warranty.
This update is only for the international galaxy S3. If your Galaxy S3 is locked to a network, you would have to wait for the OTA update in your region. We do not encourage international Galaxy S3 users to flash this ROM, please do it at your own risk.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download the ROM from the original thread.
- Copy the ROM to your SD card.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery.
- Make a nandroid backup from recovery mode.
- Go back and select “install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file that you had placed in your SD card in Step 2.
- Flash it in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
After the phone reboots, you will have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean running on your Samsung Galaxy S3. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂
The credit for this leak goes to Samsung-updates.com