Samsung Galaxy S3 is the most awaited phone from Samsung and is known as the phone designed for Humans, thanks to the eight sensors which can sense human actions. Yes, it’s expensive and obviously costs more than galaxy S2 or Galaxy S. If you are using Galaxy S, there is a way that you can have a Galaxy S3 interface. Well, not really because it is impossible without those sensors and other hardware deficits. A custom ROM for Galaxy S has been developed by mkalter on XDA Forums. Let us have a look at the features and screenshots of this ROM.
It has some apps which have been themed to give a Galaxy S3 look. Some of these apps are
- Opera Mini
- Google Talk
Apart from this, a few apps have been added to this ROM,
- Apex Launcher
Please note that this is not a working ROM, so if you wish to stay updated or if you can help the developer to make it fully working, head over to the original thread. A few things which do not work are:
- Video Camera
- HD Video Playback
- Microphone in applications.
- Lots of other minor stuff.
Screenshots of Galaxy S3 Themed ROM
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Steps to Install Galaxy S3 Themed ROM on Galaxy S GT I9000
- Download ROM zip file and Wallpapers (if you need them).
- Connect your phone to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the Computer.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode. To do this, press Volume Up button + Center button + Power button together.
- Once it boots into recovery mode, wipe all data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Select “install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file you had moved to your SD card.
- Confirm it in the next step and flash it.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
This will install the Galaxy S3 themed ROM on Galax S GT-I9000. If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below 🙂