The Sony Xperia L, a budget smartphone from Sony is now receiving Android 4.2 update according to a tweet by Sony. The latest version of Android 4.1 available for Sony Xperia L was version 15.0.A.2.17 and the Android 4,2 update is build 15.3.A.0.26 which should be available Over The Air worldwide but of course, it does take time for the update to roll out region-wise.
— Sony Xperia News (@SonyMobileNews) October 29, 2013
The Android 4.2 update not only brings Android 4.2 to your device, but it also bring in some great features. You can find the changelog below:
- Google Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- A revamped homescreen experience for handling widgets, apps and shortcuts. With up to 7 desktop panes, widgets that auto-resize and actionable notifications, you have complete flexibility to create the interface you want / need with a few simple touches!
- Application tray sorting is that bit breezier – just press and hold on any app – move, add it to your desktop or create a folder within the tray by dropping it on top of another! We’ve also added a new search function within the application tray that makes it easy to locate your local apps.
- Updated UI and added functionality in the Sony Media apps. For example: Playmemories integration in the album application and Music Unlimited integration in the walkman application.
- Added camera functionalities such as Burst mode that ensures you never will miss a perfect shot again.
You can go to Settings>About phone and check for software updates. If you see build number 15.3.A.0.26, you can be sure this is the update we are talking about. Please note that with an unlocked bootloader or with root access, your device might not get the Android 4.2 update notification. In that case, you can download the ftf file from the link at the bottom of this post and flash it via FlashTool as it is done with all Sony Xperia devices. Alternatively, you can also use Sony PC companion to update your phone.
Since the update has been rolled out few minutes back, the FTF file isn’t available, but it will be available in a few minutes from now at this thread on XDA forums. So you downloaded the FTF file but don’t know how to flash the ftf file to your phone? Read our previous guide to see how to flash FTF files to your Sony Xperia L.
In case you face any issues, you can leave a comment below or join our Facebook group and the community will be glad to help you,