The RemICS S3 ROM was quite popular stable ROM for the Sony Xperia X10 that gives you a Galaxy S3 feel on your device. Could it be better than CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean. Well, I would go with CyanogenMod because it is lighter, faster and extremely smooth. You can now run CyanogenMod 10 on your Sony Xperia X10 but beware – it is not an official one which means that it has not been developed by the CyanogenMod team. XDA Senior Member scritch007 has been successful in compiling CyanogenMod 10 for this device letting you taste Jelly Bean. The same developer had also developed CyanogenMod 9 for this device.
As already mentioned, the ROM is not from the official CyanogenMod team and hence you can not expect a completely stable ROM at this stage. The ROM is in beta stage right now and has a few issues that are listed below. Further updates on the ROM will possibly fix these issues so make sure you stay updated with the download links.
- Gallery (only pictures)
- Airplane mode (When leaving airplane mode, it asks for sim code. Just click on reject button)
- halt and reboot
- Default Camera with glitches
What’s Not Working
- Native Camera Glitches in display
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users have a better option of using Titanium Backup.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean on Sony Xperia X10
- Download the ROM and kernel files from here.
- The kernel is an ftf file and the ROM is a zip file (make sure you download the latest version. At the time of writing, it is beta v3).
- Copy the ROM zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Copy the kernel ftf file to a folder which contains the ADB files. If you don’t understand which folder I am talking about, learn how to use ADB commands without installing Android SDK.
- Connect your phone to the PC in bootloader mode and use the command fastboot flash boot X10_4.1.X_CMX10_bootmanager_v14.ftf to flash the kernel. Make sure you enter the correct name of the kernel file.
- Now use the command fastboot reboot to reboot your phone and press the Volume down button to enter into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, wipe data, cache and dalvik cache.
- Go back and select “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- Flash the zip file in the next screen.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
- Flash the Gapps zip file to get Google apps.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂