The Sony Xperia ZL (C650X) has a new firmware update – Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean firmware codenamed 10.3.A.0.423. It is rolling out for both LTE handsets (C6503) and HSPA+ handsets (C6502). The update rolls out regionally so you may not receive it instantly at the moment. You can go to Settings>About phone>Software updates>System update and check for an update. If you see the aforementioned codename, you can be sure it is Android 4.2.2. If you do not get it, you can probably flash the ftf of this firmware to your device but be sure that your device is not locked to any carrier.
What is new with this udpate? Here are a few improvements mentioned on the official website:
- Latest version of Sony Media Apps with seamless integrated services
- my Xperia application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it. Read more at myxperia.sonymobile.com
- New Customizable navigation bar with quick settings
- New widget functionalities, both on lockscreen and homescreen
- Support for bigger (64GB) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia
A few more enhancements that the users are talking about on XDA include:
- Enhanced user experience
- Improved battery life
- Software performance enhancements
- Notification bar & dock color has been changed to black (from gray).
What’s next? Head over to Sony PC Companion and look for a screen like this:
If you do not see this on your PC Companion, it is probably because the update hasn’t been rolled out to your region. A few of you might never get it due to regional factors. In that case, you can use FlashTool to flash the FTF file for this firmware on your device. At the time of writing there isn’t any FTF available but come back to check if there is on. To know how to flash the FTF you can refer how it is done to the Xperia P and use the same method for your Xperia ZL.
via Xperia Blog