The Stock Jelly Bean firmware that was released for Xperia P and Xperia Go has now been ported to Sony Xperia U and we’ve had our hands on this firmware. Get to know our final verdict about this firmware past the break.
It was weeks back when Sony released the 6.2.A.0.400 firmware for the Xperia P and Xperia Go. As expected, the firmware was ported to Xperia U – a device that was denied Jelly Bean update. While I thought that Sony was right about their opinion that Jelly Bean wouldn’t run well on Xperia U, I don’t stick to my thoughts anymore after tasting Jelly Bean on my Xperia U. Jelly Bean on Xperia U is amazingly smooth just like how it is supposed to be (project butter). Let us now talk about how would you get this ROM working on your device and what are the issues you might face.
Current Development State
The ROM is now fully working except that the Illunination bar does not work like in ICS but it DOES work. There is an app called Illumination receiver which lights up the LED bar when there is a notification. The front camera does not work as of now. Hopefully, it might be fixed soon.[developing..] [highlight]Please check back to this page to see what has been fixed.[/highlight]
- Unofficial Stock JB For Xperia U (ROM zip file)
- ADB files (please read the linked post before you proceed with the instructions).
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage your device might incur by following this tutorial. Try this at your own risk.
Steps to Flash Stock Jelly Bean on Xperia U
- You must be running stock ICS (steps here) and rooted the device with CWM installed (steps here).
- Extract the boot.img file from the ROM zip file and place it in the folder where you have ADB files.
- Copy the ROM zip file and Deep sleep zip file into your device’s internal memory.
- Open command prompt in the location where you have pasted the extracted boot.img
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume up button while connecting it to the PC via USB cable.
- Your phone must now be in fastboot mode with Blue LED ON.
- Enter the following command in Command Prompt:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Unplug the device from USB cable and press the power button to boot it. Once you see the Sony logo, keep pressing Volume down button and your device will enter the recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file to flash it.
- After this, go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone boots up with stock Jelly Bean that is much smoother than ICS. The ROM has all stock apps from Sony – it is not debloated and is pre-rooted.