Samsung’s Android 4.2.2 firmware is currently available only for the Galaxy S4. Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2 and Grand series will get it pretty soon this quarter but Sammobile has a leaked ROM for you. This ROM is a test ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos.
The ROM is for the Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082 and can be installed right away by flashing it via Odin. Since this is an official firmware, it is not yet rooted, probably you need to wait for Chainfire to release a kernel soon. In case your device is already rooted, you will lose root access on your device.
Some screenshots of this update and a hands-on video can be seen below:
The person who tested the ROM claims that the device performs much better than how it did when iit had Android 4.1.2 running on it. Apart from this, it seems to have better battery life.
Some new features that you can expect in this ROM include transparent notification bar, Smart Stay, Light effect by unlocking, Page Buddy and Day dream.
Step to Flash Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy Grand DUOS GT-I9082
- Backup everything using our backup guide and make sure you have the necessary device drivers installed on your PC.
- Download the firmware package to your PC.
- Open Odin 3.07 that is included in the package you downloaded.
- Reboot the phone into download mode by pressing Home + Power + Volume down buttons.
- Connect it to the PC via USB Cable.
- Click on CODE button and select the file CODE_I9082XXUBMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5
- Click on CSC and select the file CSC_OXA_I9082OXABMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5
- Click on MODEM and select the file MODEM_I9082XXUBMF2_REV05.tar.md5
- Click on PIT and select the file baffin.pit
- Make sure re-partition is checked.
- Click on Start button and flash the firmware.
- Now turn off your phone and boot it into recovery mode by pressing Home+ Power + Volume Up buttons.
- Select wipe data/factory reset.
- Now select “Reboot system now”.
Your device will not boot into Samsung’s Android 4.2.2 firmware. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or post in our Facebook group.