LG Optimus One, one of the very well known low-end android phone from LG can now have touch-based TWRP recovery. TWRP, also known as Team Win Recovery Project 2.2 is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. You can use TWRP touch recovery if you have a large number of files in your SD card and feel lazy to scroll through them to locate the zip file you need to flash.
TWRP for LG Optimus One has been ported by XDA senior member & Hack My Android Forum member Ron G who also has to his credits some of the very stable custom ROMs for LG Optimus Me P350.
Update: In my personal conversation with the developer, he said that the recovery can also be ported to LG P350 after the images have been re-sized and xml files edited.
- FULL TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT
- Graphical touchscreen interface with buttons and drag-to-scroll!
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- New: Integrated Terminal Emulator
- Easy one-button cache & dalvik cache clearing after an installation
- Default partitions to back up
- Default zip folder location
- Default color theme
- Default Time Zone
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification
- Compressed backups that can save you up to 50% disk space
- New: Custom names for backups, rename and delete backups inside recovery
- Ability to flash multiple zips in one go
- Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes
- Battery Level and Timestamp
- File Manager that allows you to move, copy, delete and rename files and change their permissions
- Reboot into bootloader
- ADB support
- Detailed logfile
In this tutorial we will tell you how to install TWRP recovery on your LG-P500. You will not lose any data by following this, however as a precautionary measure if you wish to have a backup, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install TWRP Touch Recovery on LG Optimus One P500
- Download the recovery zip file from the original thread.
- Connect your phone to the Computer via USB cable and copy the zip file to your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and boot it into recovery (either custom or CWM)..
- After you boot your phone into recovery mode, go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card’ and choose the zip file you had copied to your SD Card in Step 2.
- Flash it in the next screen.
- Go to advanced and select “Reboot recovery”.
Your phone must now boot into TWRP Full Touch recovery. If you face any issues, you can leave a comment below and we will get you answers directly from the developer as soon as we can.