“The Bigger the Better” having that thought in mind, LG seems to be trying really hard to get through the nerves of all the competition in the potential market with it’s latest series of mid-rangers which promise and deliver a lot more than what they hold to their name. The LG Optimus L7 being a monstrous device for a handset of it’s price category, delivers a proper Android 4.0 experience on the huge 4.3” screen which sits upfront. Being such a capable handset, how can it lag behind it’s younger siblings in terms of development? Talking about development i.e. Rooting and Flashing are the geek’s tools to pull out the maximum juice out of the device’s potential. But as they say, nothing comes without any risk at stake, A bricked device being that in this case.
A bricked device is the one which can’t boot successfully after a flashing/installation failure. Your device gets bricked whenever you face some interruption during flashing any ROM or rooting the device viz. regional incompatibility or a power failure. Your device gets bricked and you get stuck, Is it really the way it goes? A simple device brick can hold the geek withing you? If you wanna know the answers, Hop-on, we gonna get un-bricking yet another LG Optimus device.
Sounds a bit too orhtodox, but yet again we are going to follow the traditional “KDZ Updater” method to get through.
Ready for some fun? Let’s Get goin!
Flash Stock Firmware on LG Optimus L7
- Download LG Optimus L7 USB Driver for Windows | Mac.
- Download official LG Optimus L7 stock firmware from this page. The file would be a .kdz file. Download the appropriate firmware according to your network provider and country.
- Download KDZ updater and install it on your computer.
- The zip file has a Microsoft XML parser, make sure you run it as an administrator and restart your PC. This will solve the wparam 100 and lparam 6 issue mentioned in a comment below.
- The next step is to put your phone into emergency mode. To do this, remove the battery of your phone and re-insert it (don’t turn it on). Press and hold Volume Up button and Volume Down button. While you are pressing the two buttons, press the Power button. So now, you must be pressing all three buttons together.
- Your phone will boot into emergency mode and you should see a yellow screen with Emergency mode written on it.
- Pick up the USB Cable and connect your phone to the computer via the USB Cable.
- Run KDZ updater as Administrator.
- Choose the following options in KDZ Updater: Type: 3GQCT Phone Mode: DIAG and KDZ file is the one you downloaded in step 3. Click on the image below for a better view.
- Re-check with the image above and ensure that you have the appropriate settings on the KDZ updater.
- Take a deep breath and click on “Launch Software Update” button.
- This process is usually long. It take quite a long time for the firmware to be flashed on your phone.
- If everything goes well, you will see “Finished” written in the log screen and your phone will change to switched off mode from Emergency mode.
- The next time you turn it on, your phone will take a lot of time to reboot. Stay Cool! its normal.
Well to be honest enough, if you have followed this tutorial by the lines, your phone must have awaken again. Go on, don’t shy and take it for a ride again as for the time being, you just got through the toughest part of the flashing technique!:)