Unbrick LG Optimus L5 Using KDZ Updater
Rooting, flashing and getting your phone bricked are the three major parts of an Android geek’s life. While Rooting and flashing the device helps us to take out the hidden potential of the device, the term called bricking is where you get to face the reality with some pinch of salt. The situation in which your phone doesn’t turns on or you face some weird post-flashing consequences on your phone is called the bricked state of your device.It’s normal, can happen with anybody, even I learnt how to flash my first droid, the LG Optimus P350 after bricking it around 5 times. But courtesy our very own Lalit Indoria and his post at BlogoTech helped me snap out of the situation with ease. The same goes round with any new phone on the block as the flashable recoveries or ROMs may not be stable enough to work properly across various hardware builds. It may be a developer’s issue or the region dependency of hardware which may face conflicts with the subjected software, which may get your phone bricked.
LG Optimus L5 is one of the new comers which is holding a strong position in the market courtesy it’s poor yet amazing 4-inches of display estate. Poor? Blame the low display ppi, Amazing? You can’t demand more out of the price tag it boasts. If you own one and are a little bit on the Geeky side, you may have flashed the latest or may have even bricked it. If that is the case with you, we at Hack My Android are here to your aid.
Bored of my crap talks? Aha, Let’s begin with the restoration process of your phone.
Flash Stock Firmware on LG Optimus L5
- Download LG Optimus l5 USB Driver for Windows | Mac.
- Download official LG Optimus l5 stock firmware from this page. The file would be a .kdz file. Download the appropriate firmware according to your network provider and country.
- Download KDZ updater and install it on your computer.
- The zip file has a Microsoft XML parser, make sure you run it as an administrator and restart your PC. This will solve the wparam 100 and lparam 6 issue mentioned in a comment below.
- The next step is to put your phone into emergency mode. To do this, remove the battery of your phone and re-insert it (don’t turn it on). Press and hold Volume Up button and Volume Down button. While you are pressing the two buttons, press the Power button. So now, you must be pressing all three buttons together.
- Your phone will boot into emergency mode and you should see a yellow screen with Emergency mode written on it.
- Pick up the USB Cable and connect your phone to the computer via the USB Cable.
- Run KDZ updater as Administrator.
- Choose the following options in KDZ Updater: Type: 3GQCT Phone Mode: DIAG and KDZ file is the one you downloaded in step 3. Click on the image below for a better view.
- Re-check with the image above and ensure that you have the appropriate settings on the KDZ updater.
- Take a deep breath and click on “Launch Software Update” button.
- This process is usually long. It take quite a long time for the firmware to be flashed on your phone.
- If everything goes well, you will see “Finished” written in the log screen and your phone will change to switched off mode from Emergency mode.
- The next time you turn it on, your phone will take a lot of time to reboot. Stay Cool! its normal.
If you have followed this tutorial by the comprehensively, your phone must be breathing life again, you, being the reason this time! Go on, let it rip and keep Hacking!