The LG Optimus G which is currently receiving Jelly Bean update can now be rooted and unlocked. This is a step by step guide that will let you root your Sprint LG Optimus G android phone easily, thanks to engine95 on XDA forums who has compiled this guide. We are only sharing it through our blog.
After you root your device, you will be able to install and run apps that require root access and hence gain complete control over over your device’s system. However, to remove system apps and bloatware, you will have to unlock the phone’s botoloader. We are not liable for any charges that you might face or for any damages your device might face because of this guide. We will ensure that nothing goes wrong while you follow this tutorial.[box_light]If your device has the ZV9 software, you don’t need to read further because your device can not be rooted or unlocked at the moment.[/box_light] [box_light]Make sure you download device drivers for your device and follow our backup guide to backup all data on your phone.[/box_light]
Steps to Root Sprint LG Optimus G
Update: You can root and unlock your Sprint LG Optimus G by downloading this tool and running it on your Windows or Linux machine. You need Java installed for this tool to run, thanks to TheShadow1. Just connect your device to PC and choose any of the options on the screen.
If the above tool doesn’t work, you can follow the guide given below.
- Download Bin4ry v18 from this thread.
- Unzip the files to a separate folder on your PC.
- Connect your LG Optimus G to the PC via USB Cable in Charge only mode.
- From the extracted contents of the zip file, double click “RunMe” file.
- Select 1 – run normal
- On your phone, if it asks for a password, just ignore it and tap the “Restore” button.
- Your phone will reboot a couple of times.
- Check for the Superuser app in your list of installed apps. If it exists, your phone is rooted.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below or refer the original thread.