We are back here as the guest of honor of the evening is going to have a party of a lifetime, delivered. Jokes apart, we are back in response to keep up with our promise considering the latest of the Nexus lads’ development and hacks, for now, we have the Nexus 4 for the taking. It’s been hardly 10 days past the devices got officially platformed by Google, the community doesnt seems in a mood to let the newcomer rest within a moment of silence.
Yes, the Bootloader on the Google Nexus 4 has been unlocked. Nothing special but just the old and orthodox fastboot method will be the method this time, Yet again! Wait a minute! Fastboot? Does that sounds like something from the other dimension for you? If that is the case, make sure you follow this tutorial by every single word, Offcourse, We ain’t gonna let you down, and for those who have a bit of nostalgic experience in reference to this, its gonna be an easy way down there.
Further, Unlocking the Bootloader lets you get access to various functionalities of your phone which get limited by the stock firmware. It can be referred to as the very first step in getting started with hacking your droid. So let’s Begin!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
How to Unlock the Bootloader for Google Nexus 4 :
- Navigate to the folder containing fastboot.exe under the directory where you got the Android SDK installed.
- Switch off your phone and boot it again in the fastboot mode (by pressing Volume down+Power key simultaneously).
- Connect your phone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and open a Command Prompt window in the folder which you navigated to in Step #1.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following code:
- If your device shows up in the list of devices after entering the above code, fastboot setup is complete!
- Now enter the following code:
fastboot oem unlock
- Following this, if all the steps have gone the better way for you, a pop-up might have shown up on your phone’s display requesting for confirmation.
NOTE: Continuing past this step may lead to losing the warranty on you phone!
- Holla! If you got past that, your phone will reboot and it’ll be having it’s Bootloader Unlocked!
So, as mentioned above, if you have followed this tutorial in the wisest possible manner, you may be enjoying your phone with the possibility for the MORE!
If you faced any problems or have any Queries/Suggestions, Please leave us your word in the comments section !