The LG Optimus L9 is a high end device of the L-series smartphones from LG. When the LG Optimus L9 came into the market, it had Ice Cream Sandwich running in it and had an unlocked bootloader because of which developers could not run unsigned boot images on the phone. However, LG promised a Jelly Bean update for this device and it is out now. I assume you would have updated your device to Jelly Bean by now.
With the latest Jelly Bean update on Optimus L9, the bootloader becomes unlockable and it is pretty easy for you to unlock the bootloader of the device using a simple ADB command. Let us see how.
While we are pretty sure that you won’t lose any data with this, we still recommend you to backup everything on your phone using our backup guide.
Please note that unlocking the bootloader of your device voids the warranty of your device. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face by following this tutorial.
Step to Unlock LG Optimus L9 Bootloader
- You need to have ADB files in your P C to run the commands that follow. You can get them here.
- Make sure you have enough charge on the device.
- Make sure your device has a SIM inserted and let it stay on with the SIM at least for 30 minutes,
- Go to Settings>Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Open the Android folder where you have the ADB files. Shift + Right click in an empty space in the folder and select “Open Command Prompt here”.
- Run the command
adb reboot oem-unlock
- You will see a confirmation screen as given below. Follow the instructions you see on the screen.
- If your device is unlocked, your device will be in fastboot mode.
- Stay in fastboot mode and download CWM recovery file and place it in the Android folder.
- Run the command
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-p760.img
- This will flash CWM to your phone.