It has been almost 3 weeks now that the Google Nexus 10 was revealed and as per our promise we are up with the tutorial to unlock the Bootloader on the Google Nexus 10. The Google Nexus 10 has been developed by the leaders in terms of the amount of cellphones they sell every year, couldn’t be anybody else but Samsung. The 10 incher maintains a state of the art retina beating 299ppi on a 10 inch unit (Dats so Obvious!) while the interiors boast of Samsung’s very own Exynos 5250 chipset which has it’s two cortex-A15 ticking at a wildly 1.7Ghz of clock speed while the renderer is the revamped Mali , the Mali-T604 GPU.
Done with the introductory part, Since most of you will be aware of what “Unlocking the Bootloader” refers to but let us get a brief summary of1 what we are going to get done for those who are new into the business.
Unlocking the Bootloader is actually the first step in getting into the world of android development or for the general user, It will allow you the access to get further rooting and installation of custom recoveries and ROMs on your device.
Please make a note that unlocking the Bootloader may or may not VOID the warranty of your device.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
How to Unlock the Bootloader for Google Nexus 10:
- Navigate to the folder containing fastboot.exe under the directory where you got the Android SDK installed.
- Switch off your phone and boot it again in the fastboot mode (by pressing Volume down+Power key simultaneously).
- Connect your phone to the computer using the supplied USB cable and open a Command Prompt window in the folder which you navigated to in Step #1.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following code:
- If your device shows up in the list of devices after entering the above code, fastboot setup is complete!
- Now enter the following code:
fastboot oem unlock
- Following this, if all the steps have gone the better way for you, a pop-up might have shown up on your phone’s display requesting for confirmation.
NOTE: Continuing past this step may lead to losing the warranty on you phone!
- Holla! If you got past that, your phone will reboot and it’ll be having it’s Bootloader Unlocked!
So that’s it for the taking! Go out any try installing some recoveries and ROMs on your tablet.
If you have any queries/suggestions to be made, please refer to the comments section or you can get along via chatbox.