- You can download CM 11 ROM zip file for HTC Desire HD from codefi.re or goo.im (Download the latest nightly)
- Download Gapps
It is recommended to have a backup before you flash this ROM as all data will be wiped if you follow this tutorial. You can create a nandroid backup using OBackup and restore data using Nandroid Manager. For more, you can refer our Android data backup guide.
- Make sure your device has an unlocked bootloader which can be done from HTCdev.com
- Download the ROM zip file and Gapps zip file. Place it in the device’s SD card
- Extract the boot.img file from ROM’s zip file and place it in the folder where you have the ADB files. If you don’t have ADB installed, check out Minimal ADB & Fastboot installer.
- Flash the boot.img to your phone by booting your phone into fastboot. To do this, turn off the device and turn it on while pressing the Volume down button and select ‘Fastboot” option form the bootloader menu. After your phone has entered the fastboot mode, issue the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Turn off the device again and turn it on by pressing Volume down button. Select “Recovery” option instead of fastboot this time.
- In recovery mode, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik cache from Advanced menu.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file.
- Repeat the previous step and flash the Gapps zip file.
- Go back and select ‘Reboot system now”.
Your HTC Desire HD will now boot into CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 ROM. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below.