The HTC Explorer has recently been the pick at the xda forums with the plethora of ROMs and MODs that it received in return of the loyal performance it delivers. The Firefox OS caught up fire at the forums while the HTC Sense 4.0a ROM got fixed with it’s Random rebooting issue. But the sorrow in the fairytale comes up as the usability of the ROMs. Yes! We can use most of the ROMs as our daily drivers but you just can’t escape the bugs that keep coming. Let it be the Hotspot issue or the Robotic Voice over WCDMA calls issue that the users faced while using the ROMs. Even the stock firmwares flashables issued by JaggyJags had the issue of the loudspeaker turning on automatically as soon as you make a call. Any remedies? A better Stock ROM that’s based on the latest set of Firmware that has been made available to the Pico by HTC itself!
This version 1.43.720.2 official firmware version has been extracted and compiled into a flashable zip by the members under the HTC Pico development forums at the XDA and after hours of proper usage including the use of Wifi tether, Bluetooth, WCDMA calling and multimedia, All I can say that it really reverts your phone back to the state as you had purchased it! Not only that, the internal memory that has been allocated for the user is around 130Megabytes too!
Excited? Let’s begin with the installation of the ROM.
Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware Version 1.43.720.2 on your HTC Explorer:
- Download the flashable zip file for the firmware from here and the patch file from here.
- Connect your HTC Explorer to the Computer via USB Cable and copy the ROM zip file to your internal sdcard which is the /sdcard/ folder.
- Disconnect your device from the PC and turn it off.
- Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- Make a nandroid backup in the recovery mode so that you can revert back if you wish to.
- Wipe everything up or do a factory reset and wipe Dalvik cache if your want to avoid “low on system memory” problem.
- Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card.
- Flash the zip file.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Please make a note that this boot up make take a bit longer than usual and hence be a little patient. If your phone booted up properly, let it get stable for a minute or two and hey! you’re home! Further, you can head to the original thread for more on this ROM. Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!