Well! We had posted a detailed review as well as had notified about the pros as well as the cons of the Sony Xperia L and from the news that has been seeding across various parts of the globe, it seems that Sony has finally done finishing it’s homework that had to be done upon the mid ranger in the form of a major software update(although not an Android version upgrade!). The Sony Xperia L had a few major bugs which made the handset to take a few blows straight up on it’s face besides being a top notch performer. Now with the update with a lot of bug fixes in tow, let us have a look at the amount of distance Sony has covered this time although it came as a surprise from an OEM which is well known for being the slowpoke in delivering the software updates!
Done with that, let us have a quick look at the key features of this update before we move on to our tutorial which’ll help you fetch this firmware on your phone if the notification hasn’t popped up in your region as for the time being the access to the update has been a bit region dependent!
- Improved Multitasking with a range of Small Apps to choose from.
- Much fluid and responsive UI with a noticeable speed bump.
- Improved Camera performance(Lens focusing bug resolved!).
- The front camera now captures Colors too!
- Xperia Z alike task switcher replacing the Stock Jelly Bean one!
- Configurable Notification LED colors with in-app settings for the particular app.
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be don by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia L to Firmware Version 15.0.A.2.17
- I assume you have downloaded FlashTool from our device drivers page. Open the FlashTool folder (it might be in C:FlashTool) and find the drivers folder. Right click on it and select “Run as administrator” and install the drivers for your phone. Make sure you check the flashmode and fastboot drivers at the end of the list.
- Download the required Official Firmware Version 15.0.A.2.17 for Xperia L ftf file package(part1|part2) Extract all and place the ftf file in the firmwares folder found inside the FlashT0ol folder.
- Run FlashTool.exe file. FlashTool opens and it must say “Device disconnected” at the end.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into flash mode. To do this, press and hold the volume down button and inset the USB cable that is already connected to the PC running FlashTool. You must see a green LED light up on your phone.
- FlashTool now says “Device connected in Flashmode”.
- Click on the thunder icon at the top left in FlashTool, select Flash mode and then select the ftf file you placed in firmwares folder.
- Click on OK button and the ftf file will be flashed to your phone.
- Once the process is finished, FlashTool says “Finished!” at the end.
- Disconnect your device from PC and reboot it.
For more on this, you can head over to the original thread. Feel free to leave your queries in the comments section or you can contact the author on Google Plus or you can head over to our Facebook page for some quick help either from us or the community members!