While we have written about CyanogenMod ROMs for Sony Xperia devices, there are still some other custom ROMs which can sometimes be better than CyanogenMod or MIUI ROMs. There are custom ROMs that are based either on CynoagenMod or on Official firmware of the devices. One such ROM is Xperia Ultimate HD ROM which seems to have brought about good number of replies and reviews on the XDA Developer Forums. After seeing such a great response on the forums, we would like to share the ROM’s features and installation steps with our readers who own an Xperia 2011 device.
About the ROM
Stock firmwares are definitely the best ones considering the stability they provide, but do they satisfy all of your needs. When it comes to performance, obviously NO. Hence a few tweaks being made to the stock ROM gives you a custom ROM. Regarding the Xperia Ultimate HD ROM, the developer says;
Xperia Ultimate HD is an very fast ICS ROM, it gives you a super beautiful user interface combined with blazing fast Speed, OTA Updates and AROMA Installer.
Sure, there are a lot ROM’s out, which claim for Stability and Performance. Lots of them are very similar. So I wanted to make Something Unique. I added own Wallpapers, Settings and lots exclusive stuff for you. Just Try It or read the Feedback of lot satisfied Users. By popular request I ported to complete 2011 Xperia Line-Up. With this, my newest ROM, you’ll get all-in-one ROM. Really, I tried to give you the best experience possible. Most of system apps are from Jelly Bean or Xperia T. In addition, I tried to implement Project Butter, added adreno Jelly Bean and lots of other tweaks and stuff from Jelly Bean. I recommend to use KTG Kernel, but you can use every ICS kernel. So, happy flashing everyone!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
- Remove any security or Anti-virus app if you have them installed.
- Enable USB Debugging. This can be done by Settings>Applications>Development and making sure that USB Debugging is checked.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk. This process voids the warranty of your device.
Steps to Install Xperia Ultimate HD ROM
- Download the ROM zip file from this link.
- If you have an unlocked bootloader, you need to flash any of the following two kernels: Adv. Stock Kernel or KTG Anzu.
- Copy the ROM zip file to your SD card.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into recovery mode. To do this, power it on and keep pressing the Volume Down button when you see the Sony logo.
- Create a nandroid backup so that you can revert back to the current ROM if you wish to.
- Go back and wipe data/factory reset, also wipe cache and dalvik cache.
- Go to Mounts and Storage and select “Format system”.
- Go to “Install zip from SD card”>”Choose zip from SD card” and select the ROM zip file you copied to your SD card in Step 3.
- Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
Your phone must now be running Xperia Ultimate HD ROM. If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂
Source: XDA-Developer Forums