Samsung releases different Ice Cream Sandwich Firmwares for Samsung Galaxy S2. The updates had started rolling out long back but it has come to Australia now and for the Optus Carrier. In this post we will see how to install XWLP8 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 Optus Australia. If your device is not locked with the Optus Carrier in Australia, please do not try this as you may result in bricking your device. This firmware will bring in Samsung’s official apps which can obviously be removed at the cost of losing warranty. Yes it is by rooting your device, the tutorial for which is coming soon on this blog.
To begin with, let me tell you how to backup data on your device as you may need to reset your device to factory settings if you face force close issues!
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Install XWLP8 ICS Firmware on Optus Australian Galaxy S2
- Download XWLP8 ICS Firmware for Optus Australian Galaxy S2.
- You will need Odin for this procedure. Download one if you don’t have it.
- After downloading the files, extract them to a certain folder in your PC.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Download mode. To dot this, press the Volume Down button and Center button. While you press both, simultaneously press the Power button.
- You will get a Warning screen after which if you press the Volume Up button, you will enter into download mode.
- Open Odin.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. When you do this, the ID:Com in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t don’t proceed to the next step.
- In Odin, click on PDA and select the file I9100XWLP8
_I9100OPSL P4_I9100XX LPS_HOME.t ar.md5
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked. This is how your Odin must look after you have completed the above steps:
- After this, click on Start button and the new ICS firmware will be flashed to your phone after which Odin will show “PASS!” written in Green background.
Fix Force Close Issues:
There is a possibility that you may face force close issues. This usually happens when you are on a custom ROM. If you face force close issues, remove the battery and re-insert it. Boot into recovery mode. To do this, press the Volume Up Button + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. In recovery mode, wipe all data/factory reset and wip cache partition. Go back and select “Reboot system now”.
In this way you can easily install XWLP8 ICS Firmware on Optus Ausrtalian Samsung Galaxy S2. If you face any issues, you can use the comments section below.