Samsung is releasing official Ice Cream Sandwich updates for Samsung Galaxy S2 based on regions. There have been quite a few ICS firmwares for Galaxy S2 in the past including XWLP8 which was the latest one before this. In this post we will tell you how to install XWLP9 Ice Cream Sandwich Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 using a simple method.
Just like how other official firmwares can be flashed via Odin, XWLP9 is also Odin Flashable. So kindly make sure you download the necessary files needed to flash this stock ICS firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
Things You Should Know about Flashing XWLP9 ICS Firmware
- This is the official stock ICS Firmware.
- You need not be rooted to flash XWLP9.
- You can be on any ROM either Gingerbread or stock ICS or any other custom ROM.
- Data wipe is not needed if you are on stock ROM but if you are on a custom ROM, you may need to wipe data via recovery if you face force close issues.
- Flashing XWLP9 ICS Firmware will not increase custom binary counter.
- XWLP9 is not rooted. The guide to root XWLP9 ICS firmware will be on this blog shortly.
- This firmware is only for the international version of Galaxy S2 which is GT-I9100 and not for any other variant.
- Deutsch (Deutschland)
- Deutsch (Osterreich)
- Deutsch (Schweiz)
- English (Australia)
- English (Ireland)
- English (New Zealand)
- English (South Africa)
- English (United Kingdom)
- English (United States)
- Espanol (Espana)
- Espanol (Estados Unidos)
- Francais (France)
- Francais (Suisse)
- Nederlands (Belgie)
- Nederlands (Nederland)
- Norsk bokmal
- Portugues (Brazil)
- Portugues (Portugal)
It is very unlikely that you will lose any data on your device but if you are stuck at some position you may need to perform a factory reset. Having a backup is good in such situations!
- Back up all apps using ASTRO File Manager. You can get the APK files using ASTRO and later restore it. Rooted users can use Titanium Backup which also backs up data along with the apps.
- Back up all contacts to SD card.
- Backup SMS on Android.
- Backup call log on Android.
- Have minimum 60% charge on your phone else you might get stuck while the update process is running on your device.
Disclaimer: Hack My Android is not responsible for any damage that your device may face during this process. The developer is also not responsible for the same. There are little chances that your device may face any issue. However, try this at your own risk.
Procedure to Install XWLP9 ICS Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2
- Download XWLP9 ICS Firmware from any of the following links – Link 1 (Slow) | Fast Mirror | Torrent Download.
- Download Odin 1.85
- Unzip the ROM zip file to a separate folder in your PC.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press the Volume Down + Center button + Power button.
- Open Odin and then connect your phone to the PC.
- The ID:Com section in Odin must turn yellow. If it doesn’t please do not proceed to the next step.
- Click on PDA and select the .md5 file as given in the image below. Also check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on Start and the firmware will be flashed on your phone.
- To use XWLP9 kernel, flash this via recovery.
If you face any issues, feel free to use the comments section below 🙂