Samsung has been rolling out their Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Note N8000 to the masses via an OTA update. People in a few countries might not be able to access this update via the Internet perhaps because of country restrictions and also the update might not be available in their country as of now. You can still grab the update and install it on your device with the help of this tutorial. Don’t worry, you don’t lose warranty by this process and it is an official update.
Being an official update, this firmware will come with bloat that can be removed by rooting the device, the guide for which can be fond below the installation guide. Rooting will void the warranty of your device though. If your device is already rooted, this update will revoke root access on your Galaxy Note.
[box_light]Before you proceed with the installation, we recommend you to backup all data on your phone. To make backups easily, you can read our complete backup guide. If you do not have device drivers installed, you can download them here. We are not responsible for any damage your device might face with this guide – the chances in this case are very less though.[/box_light]
Guide to Install XXCLL6 Official Jelly Bean Firmware On Galaxy Note
- Download Odin and XXCLL6 Firmware package to your computer. Extract the contents of the firmware zip file
- Turn off your Galaxy Note.
- Boot it into download mode. To do this, press volume down button and power button together. When you see the Warning screen. press the volume up button.
- Ope Odin and connect your device to the PC via USB Cable. Make sure the ID:Com section in Odin turns yellow. If not, you need to check your device drivers.
- Click on PDA in Odin and select the .tar file form the extracted contents of the firmware zip file.
- Click on Start.
- Once the process is complete, your device will reboot and should be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
If you are stuck at the Samsung logo, boot into recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache also.
Root XXCLL6 Jelly Bean Firmware On Galaxy Note
Download the CF Root Package and extract its contents. Follow the above written procedure to boot into download mode, connect device to PC and in Odin click on PDA button and select the file CF-Auto-Root-p4noterf-p4noterfxx-gtn8000.tar.md5 that you extracted. Click on Start and your device should be rooted.
If you face any issues, feel free to comment below 🙂